The American Red Cross continues to face a national blood and platelet shortage and asks the public to book a time to give as soon as possible to ensure patients across the country continue receiving critical medical care.
Donors of all blood types are urgently needed; therefore, the Red Cross is seeking blood donors across the the Greater Outer Banks, to help replenish the blood supply.
“The Red Cross experienced a significant blood and platelet donation shortfall in August, contributing to the current blood and platelet shortage.” said Kristopher Dumschat, Regional Communications Manager for the American Red Cross. “To ensure the blood supply recovers, the Red Cross must collect 10,000 additional blood products across the country each week over the next month to meet hospital and patient needs.”
Through October 21 to encourage donors to fall into the habit of donating, the American Red Cross is saying thank you to donors with a $15 Amazon.com gift card by email. Additional details at rcblood.org/together.
Those who make a donation Oct. 21-Nov. 9 will get a $10 e-gift card to a restaurant merchant of choice and can enjoy lunch on the Red Cross. They’ll also be automatically entered to win a $5,000 gift card. There will be three lucky winners with one winner randomly selected each week.
Details are available at RedCrossBlood.org/lunch.
- Tue 10/10, 1 to 6 p.m., Edenton Baptist Church – Fellowship Hall, 200 S. Granville St., Edenton
- Tue 10/10, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., OBX Community at Holy Redeemer By the Sea, 301 West Kitty Hawk Road, Kitty Hawk
- Wed 10/11, 12 to 6 p.m., OBX Community at Holy Redeemer By the Sea, 301 West Kitty Hawk Road, Kitty Hawk
- Wed 10/11, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Holy Family Catholic Church, 1453 North Road Street, Elizabeth City
- Wed 10/11, 12:30 to 5:30 p.m., Camden Middle School – Auditorium, 248 Scotland Rd, Camden
- Fri 10/13, 1 to 5 p.m., Macedonia Baptist Church – Fellowship Hall, 1004 Macedonia Road, Edenton
- Sun 10/15, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Durants Neck Ruritan Club, 2151 New Hope Road, Hertford
- Thu 10/19, 2 to 7 p.m., Fellowship Baptist Church – Fellowship Hall, 871 Tulls Creek, Moyock
- Fri 10/20, 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Pitts Center – Multipurpose Room, 5375 North Virginia Dare Trail, Southern Shores
- Mon 10/23, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., JP Knapp Early College – Gym, 2966 Caratoke Hwy, Currituck
- Mon 10/23, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Albemarle Assoc. of Realtors – Main Room, 426 McArthur Drive, Elizabeth City
- Tue 10/24, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., NC Aquarium on Roanoke Island – Neptune Theater, 374 Airport Road, Manteo
- Wed 10/25, 12 to 5 p.m., Sentara Albemarle Medical Center – Education Rooms, 1144 North Road Street, Elizabeth City
- Thu 10/26, 2 to 6 p.m., South Mills Ruritan Club – Main Room, 400 Main Street, South Mills