The annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade will take place in Nags Head Sunday, March 19, 2023 at 1p.m.
South Virginia Dare Trail will be closed from Eighth Street south to Hollowell Street starting at 12 pm. All east/west streets along that closure area will be barricaded off between South Memorial Avenue and South Virginia Dare Trail.
The parade starts at Bladen Street and will travel north up South Virginia Dare Trail to East Driftwood Street.
If you plan on attending this event, please follow these safety tips to ensure all have a great and safe time!
- Arrive Early-This will give you plenty of time to find parking and to find a safe place to view the parade.
- Select a Meeting Spot-It’s easy to get separated in large groups of people so it is always wise to designate a meeting spot in the event that this happens.
- Stay Behind the Barricades-If you see a barricade, stay behind it. These are up not only for your safety, but for the safety of the parade participants.
- Stay Off the Parade Route-While it’s fun when parade participants like to engage with the crowd and pass out goodies, its also good to remember to always stay in your area. Never go near any animals and stay visible when around all vehicles.
- Dress for the Weather-Check the weather before the event and dress accordingly. Bring extra layers.
- Designate a Driver-We understand at this event alcohol will be consumed. ALWAYS designate a sober driver. Never ever drive drunk.
Above all, have fun, stay safe, and have a happy St. Patrick’s Day!