It will be a busier than usual weekend in Downtown Elizabeth City with Friday evening being the Opening Ceremony and 5K kickoff to the Coast Guard Marathon weekend!
The 5K run starts at 4:00 pm at Waterfront Park, with a route through nearby neighborhoods and culminating with a run down Main and Water Streets back to the finish line at Waterfront Park.
We encourage you to come cheer the runners and stay for ArtWalk. It’s a wonderful experience to cheer on the runners as they run through our City.
Streets will open up as the runners finish around 5:00 pm. Visit www.coastguardmarathon.com for more information on marathon events, road closures, parking information.
At 6:00 pm in the 500 block of E. Main Street, the US Coast Guard Silent Drill Team will perform. You don’t want to miss this amazing performance. (Traffic will be stopped in this block during the performance for approximately 5 minutes.)
Tooley’s Tavern at the Narrows will open for the first time during ArtWalk. Visitors are invited to stop by, check them out, have a drink, followed by Frank Sings Frank, a premiere Frank Sinatra singing and entertainment act from 8:00 until 12:00. (The Boathouse Restaurant will be open for dinner service by reservation/ticket only.)
Although Juniper Cocktails has been open in the soft way for a couple weeks, they’re making their first First Friday ArtWalk debut this month. The entrance is very “speakeasyish” via Pailin’s Alley.
Water’s Edge Boutique and Copper Canyon Soap Co. will both have “create-your-own” experiences starting at 11:00 am. Water’s Edge will have “Create and pour your own candle” and Copper Canyon will have “Paint a bath bomb.”
Divine Illumination will be hosting a sound meditation from 6:30 to 7:00 pm in the Waterworks Building.
Student art from the EC-PC Schools, Camden County Schools, and NEAAAT will be featured at Arts of the Albemarle.
There will be live music opportunities during and after the ArtWalk in multiple venues.
Catch a ride from Public Parking to the ArtWalk or from location to location on the “Harbor Hopper, ECDI’s SMV transport vehicle. Rides given from 4:00-7:30 pm.
• *Tooley’s Tavern at the Narrows, 400 E. Colonial Avenue, New business Open House during and after ArtWalk and live music with Frank Sings Frank, a premiere Frank Sinatra singing and entertainment act from 8:00 pm until midnight.
• Crank’s Shoe Repair, 509 E. Colonial, Creator and owner Ernest Banks and artworks of William C. Hoffman on display.
• Kin’Folk Mobile Axe Throwing, 206 N. Poindexter, Jessica Askew with Psyche’s Trove Jewelry and Art.
• Streetside, 115 N. Poindexter, Leponic Studios LLC will be promoting their independent film company and upcoming series Batman: Darker Knight. Multiple characters from the show.
• Ghost Harbor Brewing Company, 602 E. Colonial, Inside: FrarBear’s Kinda Famous Hot Sauce. In Pailin’s Alley: Samuel Clayton of Uniquely Paints creates works of natural to surrealistic animals and landscapes through oil, acrylic, and watercolor. Live music with PBNJ 8:00-11:00 pm
• Seven Sounds Brewing Company, 112 N. Water, Collins Clay Co. with handmade clay jewelry; Live music with Phil Watson, starting at 7:00 pm.
• The Market, 102 N. Water, Typsy Gypsy – sewing and alterations, custom waist beads, bracelets, anklets, chakra beads, gemstones, crystals.
• Harbor Pharmacy, 606 E. Main, Photographer, Lloyd Griffin. He will be showcasing a series of US Coast Guard photographs in addition to his local and coastal photography.
• Port Discover, 611 E. Main, First Friday 5K extended hours! Open till 7pm if there are still families in the center. If not, they will close early. Feel free to call ahead to check. 252-338-6117
• Arts of the Albemarle, 516 E. Main, Featuring art by K-12 students from ECPPS, Camden County, and NEAAAT.
• Small Town Trendz, 510 E. Main, Carolina Coastie Apparel, sampling of passion peach tea by Mixcraft; Blakelynne & Co. handcrafted clay jewelry.
• Virginia Dare Arcade / Sweet Easy Bakery, 507 E. Main, Sweet Easy selling treats and goodies; Say YES to the Dress (Free prom dresses).
• Water’s Edge Boutique, 507 E. Main, 11 am – 7 pm, Create and pour your very own candle.
• Copper Canyon Soap Co. 507 E. Main, 11 am – 7 pm, Paint a bath bomb for kids and adults.
• No Limit Fitness, 515 E. Main, Colonial Quilters will be streetside.
• Bijoux Vibes, 104 S. Poindexter (Upstairs), Scrub Life Boutique Sydni/Ron Bates.
• Sanctuary Design Co. 501 E. Main, PrLeigh, decoupage oyster shells; Albemarle Regional POP (Paint Out Pals) will be back at Sanctuary Design (streetside) beginning at 4 pm. The public is welcome to sketch with them.
• InStitches, 607 E. Main, Royal Charm Bracelets and Scott Duncan playing the violin.
• Cozy Carolina Boutique, 105A S. Water, Newland Metal Works.
•Mari ners’ Wharf Park, 106 S. Water, Flood the Streets music event- performance party and open jam session in the park to help cheer on the runners and for ArtWalk; organized by Ellen Minton.
• Shut Up & Listen Records, 610 E. Fearing, Live music with Nora Crouch & Michael Koch 5-7 pm (inside); Ariana Martin, Mystic A Crystals 4-7 (streetside).
• Electric Garden, 608 E. Fearing, The art of juicing.
• Divine Illumination, Inside Waterworks Building, 400 S. Water, 6:30-7:00 pm Rooted Pillar Meditation with Sound Bath.
• Latitude 36, Inside Waterworks Building, 400 S. Water, Customizable tumblers, extended hours
• 2 Souls Wine Bar, 513 E. Main, Live Music with Mike Kelley 6:30-9:30 pm.
* New Business / Participant
Downtown Restaurants/Pubs Open for your Enjoyment. Hours vary. Check individual business for hours.
Allecious Restaurant, 106 N. McMorrine (Coming Soon)
2 Souls Wine Bar, 512 E. Main St.
Big Boss Burritos, 110 N. Poindexter St.
Coasters Downtown Draught House, 216 N. Poindexter Street
Colonial Café, 418 E. Colonial Ave. (Not open for dinner)
Cypress Creek Grill, 113 S. Water St.
Electric Garden, 608 E. Fearing Street
Elizabeth City Pizza Co., 507 E. Main St.
Ghost Harbor Brewing Company Taproom, 602 E. Colonial Ave.
SAGOS on the River, 400 S. Water St. (Coming Soon)
Hoppin’ Johnz New South Cuisine, 606 E. Colonial Ave
Island Breeze Grill, 220 N. Poindexter St. (Open for take-out only)
*Juniper Cocktails, Pailin’s Alley, 606 E. Colonial (Open!)
Muddy Waters Coffee, 100 W. Main St. (Open ‘til 6 pm)
Paradiso Roma Ristorante, 35 Camden Causeway
Pine & Porch, 105 E. Colonial Ave.
Quality Seafood, 309 E. Ehringhaus St.
Seven Sounds Brewing Co., 112 N. Water St.
*The Boathouse Restaurant & Tooley’s Tavern at the Narrows, 400 E. Colonial Ave. (Tooley’s Tavern – Open!)
The Kraken Coffee House, 615 E. Main St.
The Mills Downtown Bistro, 200 N. Poindexter St.
The SweetEasy Bakery, 507 E. Main
The Market, 102 N. Water St.
Toyama Japanese, 218 N. Poindexter St.
For more info about First Friday ArtWalk, visit the Elizabeth City Downtown, Inc. Facebook page or call 252-338-4104 or email email@example.com.