Love, laugh, and linger in Downtown Elizabeth City for February’s First Friday ArtWalk on February 3 from 4:00 – 7:00 pm. With twenty-seven participants, the evening promises to provide lots of art and live music experiences.
At the Waterworks building, there will be a “door opening” of the newly designed 2nd level short-term residential space from 4:00-6:00 pm along with Reiki sessions and meditations at Divine Illumination.
There will be nine opportunities to hear live music during and after ArtWalk.
Evelyn Minton’s Flood the Streets pop up performance party event for musicians will take place in three locations from 5:00-8:00 pm: The Virginia Dare Arcade, Ives Alley (behind Arts of the Albemarle), and inside Harbor Centre. Other live music during ArtWalk includes Joshua Lancaster at Shut Up & Listen Records from 5:00-7:00 pm; Post American Gothic at Elizabeth City Pizza Company; music performances by the Viking Sound Studios teachers on site at that location.
After Artwalk live music options are: Tim Roy and Woody Wood at 2 Souls Wine Bar from 6:30-9:30 pm; Manteo Murphy upstairs in the Maguire Theatre starting at 7:30 pm; Cole & MaryAnn of The Delta Blue at Ghost Harbor 8:00-11:00 pm.
Have a QWERTY experience with Larry Pressnell’s Interactive Antique Typewriter Pop-up Show where you can type a valentine message on an antique typewriter for free. Various cards and paper will be available.
Ms. Shelia will be back downtown Face Painting at Small Town Trendz. Throughout downtown, artists and artisans will be featured with crystals, fashion, wood art, jewelry, leatherworks; acryclic pour art, lamp designs, watercolor, custom-made tumblers and products, tie dye, oddities, and soaps. There will be human and pet culinary art options such as chocolatiers, cakes, sauces, and dog treats.
Catch a ride from Public Parking to the ArtWalk or from location to location on the “Harbor Hopper”, ECDI’s SMV transport vehicle. Rides given from 4:00-7:30 pm.
For more info about First Friday ArtWalk, visit the Elizabeth City Downtown, Inc. Facebook page or call 252-338-4104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Waterworks Building, 400 S. Water Street, 4-6 pm Join Waterworks and Sanctuary Design Co. for the unveiling of their newly designed “Eclectic Pearl” short-term rental space. Come see the design creativity and flair of the amazing transformation of this space from office to short-term residential.
- Divine Illumination, Inside Waterworks Building, 400 S. Water St, 4:00-6:30 pm 10-minute Reiki sessions $10 per person; 6:30-7:00 pm Meditation by donation or spiritual offering.
- Shut Up & Listen Records, 610 E. Fearing, Live music with Joshua Lancaster 5-7 pm (inside); Ariana Martin, Mystic A Crystals 4-7 (streetside).
- Electric Garden, 608 E. Fearing, ProcessBringsProgress clothing brand artists Quante Bishop, Joshua Hunter.
- Bijoux Vibes, 104 S. Poindexter (Upstairs), Silly Little Goose Designs with Cheryl Straight.
- Water’s Edge Boutique, 507 E. Main, Abi Carroll, Honeybee Artisan; Noah Carroll, Atypical Artist; Emmanuel Baptist Church.
- Elizabeth City Pizza, 507 E. Main, Live music with Post American Gothic.
- Virginia Dare Arcade, 507 E. Main, 5-8 pm, Flood the Streets (Arcade) music event- performance party upstairs in the arcade; Say YES to the Dress (Free prom dresses).
- Small Town Trendz, 510 E. Main, Face Painting by Ms. Shelia; SEAPUPCO, and The Bomb Hot Cocoa & Treats.
- 2 Souls Wine Bar, 513 E. Main, Live Music with Tim Roy and Woody Wood 6:30-9:30 pm.
- Arts of the Albemarle, 516 E. Main, Featured artist Nadia Meadows; Larry Pressnell’s Interactive Antique Typewriter Pop-up Show — type a valentine message on an antique typewriter for free; Live Music with Manteo Murphy in the Maguire following ArtWalk, starting at 7:30 pm.
- Big Boss Burritos, 110 N. Poindexter, Frarbears Kinda Famous Hot Sauce, Liza Franco, and LeShawn Williams.
- The Sweet Easy, 112 N. Poindexter, Collins Clay Co.
- Ives Alley (behind Arts of the Albemarle), 115 N. Poindexter, 5-8 pm, Flood the Streets music event- performance party in the alley.
- Crank’s Shoe Repair, 509 E. Colonial, Creator and owner Ernest Banks and artworks of William C. Hoffman on display.
- Viking Sound Studios, 202 N. Poindexter, Featuring music performances by some of their teachers.
- Kin’Folk Mobile Axe Throwing, 206 N. Poindexter, Diane Murray with Cakery by Diane.
- Ghost Harbor Brewing Company, 602 E. Colonial, Inside: LaurieB Artworks with acrylic paint pour art with canvas, coasters, jewelry, bags, pillows, glasses, keychains, bookmarks, wooden tabletops, clocks. Live music with Cole & MaryAnn of The Delta Blues 8:00-11:00 pm.
- Dice Goblins, 201 N. Water, Colour Me Cassie custom artwork; Simply Simple custom tumblers and other products.
- Seven Sounds Brewing Company, 112 N. Water, Thérèse S. Wilhelmi, WilhelmiStudio.
- Harbor Pharmacy, 606 E. Main, Zach Boslau, coastal-inspired watercolor paintings and prints.
- Harbor Centre, 606 E. Main, 5-8 pm Flood the Streets music event- performance party.
- Port Discover, 611 E. Main, Parents Night out for members only. Registration req’d. Drop-off STEAM program for kids age 4-10. $10 first child, $5 additional siblings; Valentines STEAM activity, Pizza, drinks, snacks provided. Drop off 5:00 pm; Pick up $7:00 pm; Register at www.portdiscover.org.
- Pine & Porch, 105 E. Colonial, Muddy River Makers with handmade gifts, tie dye, jewelry and décor.
- Sunny Cove Boutique, 613 E. Main, Crafts n’ Creations by Annette.
- InStitches, 607 R. Main, Fred and Lou Macarons & More and Mile High Oddities.
- Sanctuary Design Co./Glimmer Beauty Lounge, 601 E. Main, Missy Sawyer, Shiloh Soap Company.
* New Participant
Downtown Restaurants/Pubs Open for your Enjoyment. Hours vary. Check individual business for hours.
2 Souls Wine Bar, 512 E. Main St.
Big Boss Burritos, 110 N. Poindexter St.
Coasters Downtown Draught House, 216 N. Poindexter Street
Colonial Café, 418 E. Colonial Ave. (Not open for dinner)
Cypress Creek Grill, 113 S. Water St.
Electric Garden, 608 E. Fearing Street
Elizabeth City Pizza Co., 507 E. Main St.
Ghost Harbor Brewing Company Taproom, 602 E. Colonial Ave.
Hoppin’ Johnz New South Cuisine, 606 E. Colonial Ave
Island Breeze Grill, 220 N. Poindexter St. (Open for take-out only)
Muddy Waters Coffee, 100 W. Main St. (Open ‘til 6 pm)
Paradiso Roma Ristorante, 35 Camden Causeway
Pine & Porch, 105 E. Colonial Ave.
Quality Seafood, 309 E. Ehringhaus St.
Seven Sounds Brewing Co., 112 N. Water St.
The Kraken Coffee House, 615 E. Main St.
The Mills Downtown Bistro, 200 N. Poindexter St.
The SweetEasy Bakery, 112 N. Poindexter St.
The Market, 102 N. Water St.
Toyama Japanese, 218 N. Poindexter St.