Downtown Elizabeth City is all lit up and ready for another weekend of holiday celebrations, with the December First Friday Art Walk and Lighted Boat Parade set for Friday evening.
The storefront windows are decorated for the annual Christmas Window Decorating contest and First Friday is a great kickoff for the competition. Ballots are available at participating stores.
Be prepared for Santa Sightings! Santa will magically appear in multiple locations, strolling around checking see if you’re being naughty or nice. He will be available for photos and interactions at Seven Sounds Brewing Company, and he will be on a boat in the Lighted Boat Parade.
Thirty-six opportunities for experiences as part of December’s ArtWalk event. For those who love live music, it’s a magical time of year with ten opportunities for live music during and after ArtWalk.
Harbor Pharmacy is celebrating its one year “Downtowniversary.” The SPCA is bringing back their popular cookie fundraiser in the Virginia Dare Arcade.
If you haven’t started your holiday shopping this year, it’s the perfect time to start. When you shop local, you don’t have to worry about shipping delays or porch package thieves.
Bring the kiddos along, not only for Santa interactions, but interactions with characters of Leponic Studios upcoming series Batman! The Darker Knight. Have a photo with the Merry Christmas Yard Art by the Yard Art Queen. It will be located at Mariners’ Wharf Park.
Don’t forget that the Pasquotank River Yacht Club will be hosting its Annual Lighted Boat Parade on the water immediately after ArtWalk, starting at 7 pm.
The boats will be visible along the entire stretch of the downtown waterfront, so there will be plenty of room for socially-distanced viewing. You can also view from Mariners’ Wharf Park or Moth Boat Park. Santa will be there, and glow sticks will be handed out to the kiddos.
The Hot Cocoa Crawl is in full sipping swing. ArtWalk is a great evening to start (or continue) your cocoa crawl experience. Visit www.HotCocoaCapital.com for all locations and experiences.
Catch a ride from Public Parking to the ArtWalk in the new ECDI SMV transport vehicle. Rides given from 4:00-7:30 pm.
For more info about First Friday ArtWalk, please contact Elizabeth City Downtown at 252-338-4104 or email at email@example.com
For more info about First Friday ArtWalk, visit the Elizabeth City Downtown, Inc. Facebook page or call 252-338-4104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wandering Santa, throughout Downtown
- Seven Sounds Brewery, 112 N. Water, Featuring charcuterie boards by Mr. Brown; Visits by Santa Claus at 4:00 pm.
- The Market, 102 N. Water, Classy Coasties Quartet (CCQ) streetside with holiday music.
- Harbor Pharmacy, 606 E. Main, Jessical Rich with J Rich Art; 1st Year Downtowniversary — refreshments and gift card giveaway.
Harbor Centre, 606 E. Main, Latitude 36 pop-up shop; Forest Park Church Band; Water’s Edge Art by artist Leanne Clayton; Handmade toys by Chris Meads; Acrylic Paint Pours by Laurie Brickham; Colonial Quilt Lovers Quilt.
- Nicole J & Co., 606 E. Main (inside Harbor Centre), Amanda Kielar Photography.
- Sanctuary Design Co./Glimmer Beauty Lounge, 601 E. Main, The Albemarle Area Paint Out Pals will paint live on the sidewalk; Live music with Drew Gregory 5:30-8:00 pm.
- Jade Whale Co., 605 E. Main, Giant Killer LLC with handmade wood art and signs.
- InStitches, 607 E. Main (New Location!), Lindsay Doughty, Handmade ceramics, soaps, bath bombs; Kathy’s Klassy Clay.
- Port Discover, 611 E. Main, Parents Night out for members only. Drop-off STEAM program for kids age 4-10. $10 first child, $5 additional siblings; Pizza, drinks, snacks provided. Drop off 5:00 pm; Pick up $7:00 pm; Register at www.portdiscover.org.
- The Kraken Coffee House, 615 E. Main, Noah Warren and the Jazz Ambassadors from Camden High.
- Cozy Carolina Boutique, 105A S. Water, Bees Southern Creations.
- Divine Illumination & Holistic Healing, 400 S. Water, Joanna Kapualani Wooten with Reiki infused paintings.
- Shut Up & Listen Records, 610 E. Fearing, Live music by Larry Pressnell (5-7 pm); Mystic A Crystalss – crystals, handmade jewelry, candles & more (4-7 pm).
- Electric Garden, 608 E. Fearing, Muddy River Makers, specializing in handmade gifts, tie downs & decor.
- *Morrisette Garage, 608 E. Fearing, In the garage — Missy Sawyer of Shiloh Soap Company and Stacy Anderson of Bone to Pick Barkery.
- Eclectic Jewelry & Design, 513 E. Fearing, Dee Harper of Uniquely Creative Fiber Art.
- Bijoux Vibes, 104 S. Poindexter (Upstairs), Alissa Fretwell with Evermore by BV permanent jewelry.
- Virginia Dare Arcade, 507 E. Main, SPCA Christmas Cookie Sale.
- Water’s Edge Boutique, 507 E. Main, Atypical Artist, Noah Carroll; HoneyBee Artisan Goods, Abi Senn.
- Copper Canyon Bath Co., 507 E. Main, Baked by Amanda Terry.
- Small Town Trendz, 510 E. Main, Handpainted artwork by Gretchen Dibler; MixCraft Samples; Arianna and special guest playing Christmas Music; Build-a-Bear.
- 2 Souls Wine Bar, 513 E. Main, Live music with Tim Roy & Woody Wood 6:30-9:30 pm.
- Arts of the Albemarle, 516 E. Main, Opening reception for Elizabeth City State University’s Senior Art Show — Vincent Cavalcante, Devin Coward, Xavier Jackson, Jasmine Lanzo, Elizabeth Perry, Anthony Schumate, Narria Ward, Michael Williams.
- Big Boss Burritos, 110 N. Poindexter St., Artist LeShawn Williams; 3-Deep Custom Lures; Leather artist Liza Franco; Only You Bracelets.
Ives Alley, 109 N. Poindexter (behind AoA), Holiday street performance party in the alley, with Ellen Minton and pop-up music jam sessions.
- Streetside at former Carolina Theater, 109 N. Poindexter, Leponic Studios LLC will be promoting their independent film company and upcoming series Batman: Darker Knight. Multiple characters from the show.
- The SweetEasy, 112 S. Poindexter, Kim Robinson, Collins Clay Co.
- Studio 511 Art & Soul, 116 N. Poindexter, Family Paint Night, 4-7:00 pm.
- The Mills Downtown Bistro, 200 N. Poindexter, Live holiday music with Molly Miller streetside.
- Kin’Folk Mobile Axe Throwing, 206 N. Poindexter, Brittany Weatherly with Brit’s Sweet Treats & Designs.
- Ghost Harbor Brewing Company, 602 E. Colonial, Inside: Frarbear’s Kinda Famous Hot Sauce
- In Pailin’s Alley: The Painted Pier, paintings using acrylic and mixed media, reused and recycled artwork, prints, wood ornaments, gift items; Uniquely Paints, works of natural surrealistic animals and landscapes through oil, acrylic and watercolor; Live music by Bobby Soto, 8:00-11:00 pm.
- Toyama Japanese, 218 N. Poindexter, Artist Will Long (in Pailin’s Alley).
- Crank’s Shoe Repair, 509 E. Colonial, Creator and owner Ernest Banks and artworks of William C. Hoffman on display.
- Pine & Porch, 105 E. Colonial, Christmas ornaments by Laura Lee Designs.
- Lazzy Frog, 603 E. Fearing, Open, No artist.
Downtown Restaurants/Pubs Open for your Enjoyment. Hours vary. Check individual business for hours.
2 Souls Wine Bar, 512 E. Main St.
Big Boss Burritos, 110 N. Poindexter St.
Coasters Downtown Draught House, 216 N. Poindexter Street
Colonial Café, 418 E. Colonial Ave. (Not open for dinner)
Cypress Creek Grill, 113 S. Water St.
Electric Garden, 608 E. Fearing Street
Elizabeth City Pizza Co., 507 E. Main St.
Ghost Harbor Brewing Company Taproom, 602 E. Colonial Ave.
Hoppin’ Johnz New South Cuisine, 606 E. Colonial Ave
Island Breeze Grill, 220 N. Poindexter St. (Open for take-out only)
Muddy Waters Coffee, 100 W. Main St. (Open ‘til 6 pm)
Paradiso Roma Ristorante and the Upstairs Oyster Bar, 35 Camden Causeway
Pine & Porch, 105 E. Colonial Ave.
Quality Seafood, 309 E. Ehringhaus St.
Seven Sounds Brewing Co., 112 N. Water St.
The Kraken Coffee House, 615 E. Main St.
The Mills Downtown Bistro, 200 N. Poindexter St.
The SweetEasy Bakery, 112 N. Poindexter St.
The Market, 102 N. Water St.
Toyama Japanese, 218 N. Poindexter St.