The N.C. Coastal Resources Commission (CRC) will meet Nov. 17 at the Beaufort Hotel, 2440 Lennoxville Road, Beaufort, with the agenda items to include a discussion on changes to the rules governing septic tanks located seward of the vegetation line at oceanfront properties.
At their September meeting, the commission gave the green light to Division of Coastal Management Director Braxton Davis to move ahead with proposed changes to existing rules, including setbacks and permit requirements.
CoastalReview.org reported Davis indicated those recommendations will include clarifying that an oceanfront property owner must obtain a permit in order to place a septic tank displaced by a storm or tide event back in its original location.
The meeting will begin at 9 a.m., and a public input and comment period is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. At the chair’s discretion, comments may be limited to 3 minutes per person.
Prior to the commission meeting, the Coastal Resources Advisory Council (CRAC) will meet Nov. 16 at 3 p.m. at the same location. Both meetings are open to the public.
Other agenda items for the commission meeting include:
- Consideration of a variance request regarding a proposed pier
- Discussion of Rules Review Commission Objections to Re-adopted Rules
- Closed session, as permissible under GS 143-318.11 (a), to discuss Rules Review Commission Objections to Re-adopted Rules
- Consideration of Additional Amendments & Fiscal Analysis for 15A NCAC 07H .0309 and .0310 – Inlet Hazard Areas
- Consideration of Amendments to 15A NCAC 7M .0600 & 7H .0208 and Fiscal Analysis Floating Structure Policies/Floating Upweller Systems
- Consideration of Approval of Fiscal Analysis – 15A NCAC 7K .0207 & 7H .0308 Expanded Exemption for Beach Mats
- Consideration of Approval of Fiscal Analysis – 15A NCAC 7B Land Use Plan Enforceable Policies
MEETING MATERIALS AND PRESENTATIONS:
A full meeting agenda and briefing materials can be found on the CRC website. Times indicated on the agenda for individual items are subject to change.