Elizabeth City’s Community Development Department has been reviewing a number of new commercial development projects across the city over the last two months.
City staff anticipates the approval of majority of these projects in the next couple of weeks as they await state permits and departmental approvals.
Currently under the planning division’s review are the following projects for new construction:
- SP 03-22, submitted by Landmark Engineering and Environmental, PC on behalf of Freedom Baptist Ministries for the development of a 13,308 sf church with 240 seats to be located at 957 Body Road. The property is zoned R-15, residential.
- SP 04-22, submitted by Eastern Carolina Construction on behalf of Hockmeyer Equipment Corp. for the expansion of their building located at 6 Kitty Hawk Lane. The applicant is proposing to expand the manufacturing area of the existing building by 38,000 sf with an additional parking lot of approximately 50 parking spaces.
- SP 05-22, submitted by Embree Development Group, Inc. for the construction of a new 12,000 square foot pet supply retail store (Petco) to be located at 117 Tanglewood Parkway, adjacent to the Murphy Oil site. The site is zoned General Business (GB) and is located within the Halstead Boulevard Extension Overlay District.
- SP 06-22, submitted by Halstead Apartments NC, LLC for the construction of 8 apartment buildings, totaling 168 units. This property is a part of the Stockbridge neighborhood (Parcel ID: 7993 855359) and is zoned R-6, residential, and is included in the Halstead Blvd Extension Overlay District. In addition to the apartments, the site plan also includes a variety of amenities including a 5,400 sf clubhouse, a pool, 18 garage bays, and a dog park. A stormwater management report has been included with the submittal documents.
- SP 07-22, submitted by TNV Capital LLC for the construction of a new 2,500 sf Starbucks to be located at 1313 W Ehringhaus Street, which is an outparcel in front of Southgate Mall. This development also includes an outdoor sitting area.
- SP 08-22, submitted by KCI Associates of NC, PA for the property located in the north east corner of Halstead Blvd Extension and Mt. Everest Drive North (Parcel ID: 7993 972938) to construct a 5,154 convenience store and gas station (Royal Farms) and a detached 1,248 sf car wash. According to the site plan, the project would be a total of 1.96 acres of impervious surface area. This site is including in the Halstead Blvd Extension Overlay District and has been most recently annexed into the City, as well as rezoned to General Business (GB). A stormwater management report has been included with the submittal documents.
- SP 09-22, submitted by 2Z Development, LLC for the property located at 3815 Conlon Way for the construction of a 3,570 sf medical office/urgent care. The property is located in the Halstead Blvd Extension Overlay District and has a current zoning of General Business (GB).