July is a fun month and July’s First Friday ArtWalk is excited to partner with the Elizabeth City-Pasquotank County Parks & Recreation’s Family, Fun, and Fireworks Celebration on Friday, July 1st.
ArtWalk and pre-Independence Day activities start in Downtown Elizabeth City at 4 p.m. Pretty much anywhere you go in Downtown there will be something for you!
With 30 stops on the ArtWalk, you will have an opportunity for a great time. Visit the many ArtWalk stops at Downtown businesses and streetside before heading over to the waterfront for the Fireworks activities.
We have two new participating businesses – United Bank, is located smack dab in the middle of the festivities, and Sam Davis & Associates Realty, located inside Harbor Centre on Main Street.
There will be face painting and caricature drawings, live music galore, photography, wood art, lots of jewelry options, a couple of “pop up” bakery options, plein air painting, author signings, charcuterie experiences, snow cones, photography experiences, glow in the dark axe throwing, and so much more.
Don’t even plan to end your night at 7:00 pm. The waterfront will be alive and vibing through the evening with music on the waterfront, bounce houses, a magician, kids’ and young adult activities, axe throwing, the EC Fire Department’s Splash Area, and food truck options. There will be live music and adult beverages on the portico at Museum of the Albemarle. The fireworks show will begin at 9:00 pm over the river.
It will be an extra-Fantastic night! For more info about First Friday ArtWalk, visit the Elizabeth City Downtown, Inc. Facebook page or call 252-338-4104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the Family, Fun, and Fireworks! Celebration, contact EC-PC Parks & Recreation Department at 252-335-1424.
- *United Bank, 604 E. Ehringhaus, First time participant — Coloring pages and crayons, goodie bags for the kids. Located right smack in the middle of the Family, Fun and Fireworks! Event.
- Eclectic Jewelry & Design, 513 E. Fearing, Donna Smith Rose Photography.
- Luna Bakery, 604 E. Fearing, Pop in for their “Pop Up” bake sale event with Salem Marx as pastry artist. This will be her last time baking before she heads off to college.
- Page After Page Bookstore, 111 S. Water, Cheshire Caute Kidpreneurs’ hand-made jewelry Xavier and Kiomara; Mike Slygh Photography; Book signing with author Brandy Ange “Abolition”‘ Beloved Haven jewelry; Pirate’s Life For Me! Come walk the plank and find pirate coins and play games; Tastefully Simple fundraiser.
- Pasquotank County Library Bookmobile, Water Street, Free book giveaway; Fun activity for kids.
- The Kraken Coffee House, 615 E. Main, Angel of “Lacy Cakes” with baked goods.
- Sunny Cove Boutique, 613 E. Main, Craft’s Woodworking “Christmas in July” Christmas Ornaments; Addison Hassell “Addie’s ArtStyle Hand Paintings.
- Port Discover, 611 E. Main, Open until 7:00 pm (No Parents Night Out). Stop in and play. Entry cost is $5 (+tax) per child ages 1-17.
- Sanctuary Design Co., 601 E. Main, Artist Leanne Perry Clayton of Water’s Edge Art with paintings of the places and objects that reflect the beauty of the area; The Albemarle Area Paint Out Pals will paint live on the sidewalk during ArtWalk
- Bijoux Vibes, 104 S. Poindexter (Upstairs), Emily Martin, Bee’s Southern Creations
- InStitches, 513 E. Main, Scott Duncan playing violin
- Water’s Edge Boutique, 507 E. Main, Abi Senn, Honeybee Artisan; Stacy Anderson with Bone to Pick Barkery; Amanda Gayhark, Hey Y’all Soaps; Mary Brickhouse with Wraps by Mary; Carolina Cutting.
- Virginia Dare Arcade & EC Pizza Co., 507 E. Main, Face Painting with Ms. Shelia 4:00-7:00 pm; Lindsay Doughty, Handmade ceramics, soaps, bath bombs.
- Small Town Trendz, 510 E. Main, Charcuterie sample cups by Louise Woodworth of Heaven on Board (while they last); $25 Build-A-Pal with Animal Land; Handmade jewelry and crystals by 7 Chakras Chronicles; Spinning Booth photos $20 for group of 4.
- Pine & Porch, 105 E. Colonial, Artwork of multiple artists displayed in artists’ hallway; no featured artist on site.
- Crank’s Shoe Repair, 509 E. Colonial, Creator and owner Ernest Banks and artworks of William C. Hoffman on display.
- Ghost Harbor Brewing Company, 602 E. Colonial, Featured Artist Taryn of Taryn Marie Design Co with handcrafted jewelry and accessories; Live music with Lucas Allen Ireland. 8-11 pm.
- Zaribel’s, 113 N. Water, Christina Robart, All About Improv – Improv Camp students giving a small performance; info about improv and drama classes.
- Seven Sounds Brewing Company, 112 N. Water, LaurieB Artworks – acrylic paint pours, jewelry, ceramic coasters, bookmarks, and wine glass charms
- The Market, 102 N. Water, Live music with John Stolarczyk 4:30-6:30 pm.
- Harbor Pharmacy, 606 E. Main, Artist Margie Sawyer
- Latitude 36, 606 E. Main (inside Harbor Centre), The Artoonz Guy for caricatures and snow cones.
- Sultry Scent Co., 606 E. Main (inside Harbor Centre), Louise Woodworth, Heaven on Board Charcuterie.
- *Sam Davis & Associates Realty, 606 E. Main (inside Harbor Centre), Displaying local art and giving away free koozies. First-time ArtWalk participant.
- Arts of the Albemarle, 516 E. Main, Book signing by Paul Vincent.
- Big Boss Burritos, 110 N. Poindexter St., Pop Artist/Cartoonist LeShawn Williams
- Streetside at former Carolina Theater, Poindexter Street, Leponic Studios LLC will be promoting their independent film company and offering portrait photography. Studio creatives will be streetside to talk about the creation process and will be selling movie swag and talking about their creation process
- The SweetEasy, 112 S. Poindexter St., “Kits for Kate” fundraiser – cupcake kit with 6 cupcakes for decorating. $25. Order ahead and pick up. 252-698-0109.
- 2 Souls Wine Bar, 513 E. Main, Live music with Chris & Mandy Whitehurst 6:30-9:30 pm.
- Kin’Folk Mobile Axe Throwing, 206 N. Poindexter, Glow and Throw
- Cozy Carolina Boutique, 105A S. Water, Open, No artist.
*New business or newly participating business.
A few tips for getting the most out of Art Walk:
- Make a special effort to visit those businesses on the side streets, around the corners, and maybe a few extra steps up the road.
- Start at any point but follow the recommended route. It is designed to help you flow easily from one location to the other. Be sure to visit the businesses not on the “main drag.” They often have unique items, experiences and artists that you don’t want to miss. Please take a moment to visit them and show some love. If you follow the recommended route, you should have plenty of time to visit all the locations.
- Save the stops where you know you’ll spend more time for last (so you don’t run out of time to visit the others).
- If you feel comfortable, stay after ArtWalk for dinner and drinks at one of our amazing downtown restaurants/pubs.
Downtown Restaurants/Pubs Open for your Enjoyment. Hours vary. Check individual business for hours.
2 Souls Wine Bar, 512 E. Main St.
Big Boss Burritos, 110 N. Poindexter St.
Coasters Downtown Draught House, 216 N. Poindexter Street
Colonial Café, 418 E. Colonial Ave. (Not open for dinner)
Cypress Creek Grill, 113 S. Water St.
Elizabeth City Pizza Co., 507 E. Main St.
Ghost Harbor Brewing Company Taproom, 602 E. Colonial Ave.
Groupers Waterfront Restaurant, 400 S. Water St. Closed for Remodeling
Hoppin’ Johnz New South Cuisine, 606 E. Colonial Ave
Island Breeze Grill, 220 N. Poindexter St. (Open for take-out only)
Muddy Waters Coffee, 100 W. Main St. (Open ‘til 6 pm)
Paradiso Roma Ristorante and the Upstairs Oyster Bar, 35 Camden Causeway
Pine & Porch, 105 E. Colonial Ave.
Quality Seafood, 309 E. Ehringhaus St.
Seven Sounds Brewing Co., 112 N. Water St.
The Kraken Coffee House, 615 E. Main St.
The Mills Downtown Bistro, 200 N. Poindexter St.
The SweetEasy Bakery, 112 N. Poindexter St.
The Market, 102 N. Water St.
Toyama Japanese, 218 N. Poindexter St.